I have an issue here.. Once i start to post about relationship, i tend to look so other related article/posting about relationship too.. I don't know, its just me or me..
While browsing for a good article, i visited Harm's blog.. He did a posting on 'love at first sight'.. Somehow i find it an interesting article..
I quote: "Do u believe in that? Is it true that hatred can eventually change into love and otherwise? Why must it be a mutual consent? Can we learn to love? Why do we love when we know that in the end consequence is that we'll get hurt? Why do we bother to put 101% effort when we know it will gone one day? Why can’t we understand or see love? So what makes it work? How do you know that your partner loves you oh-so-much? Why do the butterfly feelings in your stomach occur every time you and your partner are about to meet each other? Is being understanding, responsible and committed enough to keep the relationship safe?"
So what do i have to say on this? I've lots to say actually.. But i don't to attempt all the question, all in one time.. If i do so, i strongly believe that it is going to be a very long posting.. I wont do that, so my plan here is to answer the question one by one..
Q1. Do u believe in that?
- I presume that the term 'that' refers to the love at first sight.. Telling you the truth, i believe that love at first sight do exist in real life but again, i don't think that it going to last forever.. Most of the time, people fall in love at first sight for the way they look or appear.. Personality? Charm? All these are just, non-permanent characteristics..
Q2. Is it true that hatred can eventually change into love and otherwise?
- True.. This is so very true.. I do believe that it is possible to happen.. In the end, both hatred and love are just feelings.. Feelings are something that is very hard to describe.. Feelings are something that is neither dynamic nor is static.. It changes from time to time.. We cant expect feelings to remain the same.. As per Siti Nurhaliza's song, "Bisakah yang benci disayangi".. Then how to preserve the love? Simply appreciate people who loves you..
Q3. Why must it be a mutual consent?
- In this boundary-less world, no one can live alone on it owns.. At least, there are two parties in every relationship.. A more complex relationship might involve more parties.. That is one of the reason why there must be a mutual consent.. It wont works it only one party is interested to make the relationship works..
Q4. Can we learn to love?
- We can learn Maths, and if we are very good at it, then we are called Mathematicians.. We can learn business, but even if we are very good at it, we are not even close to be called as a Businessman.. Love? It is something that we cant actually learn and at the same time, it is also something that cant be practiced.. The best you can do is to try.. Try to love people around you..
Q5. Why do we love when we know that in the end consequence is that we'll get hurt?
- This is almost similar situation that i've covered in my 'relationship matters' posting.. Its either you can read that posting or here is my simplified answer for the situation.. We still try to love though we know that we'll get hurt in the end because we believe that the pottential relationship needs to be given a chance.. Without doing so, we might not know that its worth giving chance.. If its not worth the try, then u've nothing to regret.. Be proud, that u've tried.. At least, there wouldnt be any 'what ifs' questions..
Q6. Why do we bother to put 101% effort when we know it will gone one day?
- Its similar to the answer above.. I dont want all my life, regretting for not trying.. At least, i can say, i've tried enough..
Q7. Why can’t we understand or see love? So what makes it work?
- Who said so? Thats is so not true.. As i've said earlier on, love is a feeling.. A special feeling.. It is something happen inside u and amazingly it can be physically shown too.. We know that someone is in love because the love itself changes that someone.. Yeah, at times it is hard to understand what love is.. But at least we know love is something complex yet beautiful.. It connects hearts..
Q8. How do you know that your partner loves you oh-so-much?
- There is no clear-cut way to know whether our partner loves us so much.. The way they treat us? No.. That is not enough.. Lots more need to be done to show what real love is.. It is undefinable.. But for me, if i have a partner, i know my partner loves me, when the partner loves me the way i love my partner.. Love and accept me for who i am..
Q9. Why do the butterfly feelings in your stomach occur every time you and your partner are about to meet each other?
- Hahahaha.. I always have this feelings whenever am about to meet my partner.. Its normal.. Well, i cant really explain on this one.. Not only the butterfly feelings, i would also like to add, the time spent to pick the nice clothes, to choose the right perfume, to get ready.. Everything is becoming more time consuming.. There is only and always only one reason for this, we try to be the very best for our partner.. Be the ultimate choice for our partner.. Ultimate choice!!
Q10. Is being understanding, responsible and committed enough to keep the relationship safe?
No.. It is not enough,, There is no such thing as safe in a relationship.. Being in a relationship, didnt give us the chance to sit back, relax and enjoy.. There is always things need to be done to maintain the relationship.. Please do remember, it takes two to have a relationship..